Why do you need PCT
Post-cycle therapy is an ideal way to avoid the negative effects of steroids, which can cause drastic changes or even hormonal imbalances. Anabolic drugs in some cases cause the development of serious side effects, as after ingestion the concentration of female hormones increases sharply.
After such courses, the body can not always recover. Inpatient treatment (PCT) is necessary for an athlete to avoid health problems.
This type of therapy involves taking drugs that counteract the negative effects of anabolic steroids. The main goal of PCT for male athletes is to maintain the normal production of male hormones.
If you do not correct this problem in time, your normal hormonal background may not be restored. Therefore, PCT should aim to maintain normal follicular synthesis of stimulating and luteinizing hormones.
After an anabolic course, PCT gives the following effects:
- Lowers the level of female hormones in the blood.
- Prevents fluid retention in the body.
- Prevents or alleviates side effects by taking anabolic steroids.
- Contributes to the restoration of the pituitary-hypothalamic-modal arch.
- It stimulates testosterone synthesis and as a result increases spermatogenesis.
- Increases sexual desire and strength.
- Helps maintain course results.
The need for PCT should be considered at the beginning of the anabolic steroid cycle. This is because most PCT drugs need to be taken in the first cycle.
Drugs for PCT
The choice after the course of therapy should be made very carefully, so only a specialist should do it. For the correct onset of PCT, it is necessary to determine the time and also to adjust the dosage of the drug as accurately as possible. Proper treatment will help the body recover faster and avoid serious health problems.
Popular drugs for PCT:
1.Aromatase inhibitors (the best known drugs are Proviron and Anastrozole). Proviron is the weakest drug, so it is ideal for beginners who have taken a course of mild steroids. Proviron 50 mg should be taken daily for a 2-3 week course. Anastrozole has a strong effect on the body, it is recommended to use a strong anabolic. Take 0.5 mg daily for 2-3 weeks.
2. Cabergoline stimulates dopamine synthesis when taken with anabolic drugs such as trenbolone and nandrolone.
3. Estrogen growth receptor blockers are effective in lowering female hormone levels and stimulating testosterone production. Often such drugs are started after a cycle of anabolic steroids.
4. Gonadotropin is prescribed only when using strong anabolic drugs, this drug is available in the form of injections. It should not be used for more than 3 weeks. After a three-week break, the course can be repeated.
5. Other tools. These include drugs that reduce the negative effects of anabolic steroids on the liver.
You can start taking hepatoprotectors immediately after the expiration of anabolic steroids for reinsurance, the most popular drug in this group is Karsil. In addition to the main effect includes supplements based on Omega-3.
Athletes often notice an increase in blood pressure when taking anabolic steroids. There can be many problems with this and they are all very serious, so it is important that you take the necessary measures in time. Taking 50 mg of metoprolol a day will help to deal with such a disorder.
How to make PCT after Oxymetholone
Carefully planned post-cycle therapy (PCT) is essential when using Oxymetholone. First of all, we must remember that a significant part of the mass obtained with Oxymetholone is the fluid retained in the body, and as soon as the cycle is over, most of the mass will be lost along with the water. Although this is a minor health concern, it is important for performance, as all athletes want to maintain as much weight as possible.
Another concern for health and safety is the natural production of testosterone. When planning a PCT for Anadrol, great care must be taken to restore natural testosterone production, for which drugs such as HCGenerate ES and Nolvadex may be included in the treatment.
According to various sources, the half-life of anadrol is between 9 and 15 hours. Although some athletes take it once a day, better results are usually obtained if the dose is divided twice a day (morning and evening), most likely due to more stable oxymetholone levels in the blood with this distribution.
To restore the natural production of testosterone in the body, it is recommended to take: clomiphene citrate (1 tablet in the morning, 1 tablet in the evening – first week, 1 tablet in the morning – second week).
I would like to point out that you should refrain from taking tamoxifen after treatment with oxymetholone. This is due to its tendency to stimulate the release of prolactin. PCT should begin 5-7 days after the end of the course. It will also not be superfluous to use tribulus terrestris after the end of Clomid.
Post-cycle treatment should include:
- After taking Anadrol, normalizing the liver is one of the main tasks. It is important to normalize the level of bilirubin in the blood (cortisol).
- To restore testicular function, the first step is to wait for synthetic testosterone to be removed from the body, and then to increase its natural (letrozole) level.
- Normalize cholesterol levels – plan a diet with an emphasis on oily fish. It is recommended to supplement the diet with a complex of vitamins, including omega-3 acids.
- Reduce the intensity of exercise – this will reduce the level of cortisol in the body.